Sunday, April 4, 2010

Go, Dog. Go!

Go, Dog. Go!
by P.D. Eastman

Go, Dog. Go! was one of my very favorite books when I was a young child. After reading this book again I do not completely understand what exactly I saw in the book. The story of this children's book is nonsense about dogs up in trees and dogs wearing hats. If you could say this book has a plot you would also say it is very interrupted because it switches between many smaller stories going through it. The illustrations in this book are extremely simple and slightly whimsical. This goes to show that children enjoys books for reasons other than the plot, wording, or pictures. It could be the way that a parent reads the book, or who the child is reading the book with that makes it so special. I plan to share this book with my students and children, but I am cautious because the grammar used does not present a great example for the children reading it so I will include other stories that are better examples of grammar and plot.


Intended Age 4-8

No comments:

Post a Comment