Monday, March 22, 2010

The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs!

The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs!
by Jon Scieszka
and
Lane Smith

This is just yet another one of Scieszka and Smiths wonderful twists of the great fairy tale The Three Little Pigs. This one is different than some of their other books in that it is completely written from Alexander T. Wolf who was just innocently walking over to the neighbors to borrow a cup of sugar for his granny's birthday cake. The story continues on to tell his whole side of the funny story that we thought we all knew and loved. This hilarious take on the tale will have children thinking about the different perspectives that a story can be told from. This book was a childhood favorite of mine and still continues to be a favorite. Smith continues his unique and realistic illustrations of a fictional tale that he has become famous for. After reading a handful of Scieszka's books I have really come to enjoy him as an author. I really like how each dedication page, biography and publishing page are so funny and different on each book I have read. I will defiantly continue to read his books and look forward to the new ones he continues to write.


Intended Age 7+

1 comment:

  1. This book is also one of my favorites. I know the children I work with love this book too thus, it will continue to be a favorite for future generations. I did not find this book controversial because I feel as though it is just showing another view point of the story. I would definitely have this book in my classroom and possibly even use it as a read-aloud.

    ReplyDelete